Well hello everyone. I'll post a recipe that we just tried for the first time last night. It was a hit and pretty easy to make. My friend had given it to me a few days ago. If you're in the mood for something different, it's a good one to try.
Thai Peanut Chicken
White rice, chopped iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced carrots, cooked cubed chicken (I just cut mine up into little cubes and cooked it with a little olive oil, salt and pepper) - there are no measurements on these ingredients because it depends on what you like. Layer your plate with these and then top with the following sauce.
6 Tbsp soy sauce (My friend told me Aloha brand is good because it's more mild, otherwise, I would use 4 Tbsp. of soy sauce + water)
1/4 C crunchy peanut butter (I just used creamy since that's what I had)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
3 Tbsp green onions
1/4 C oil (my friend used peanut oil but I just used veg. oil since I thought I had some but I didn't)
3 Tbsp lime juice
6 Tbsp sugar (My friend just used 3 so that's what I did. You can try it with 3 and then test it and add more if you want)
Mix the measured ingredients and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened (5-8 min.) We added chow mein noodles on it too which added a nice crunch.
2 comments:
I'm definitely going to try it! Looks delicious!
I am also going to try this next time I make out our menu!
Post a Comment