I only spend 15 minutes a day with Levi on each lesson and so it takes no time at all-- plus it tells you exactly what to say which is my favorite part about it. Recently I've wanted to teach Levi to read because he seems old enough, he knows his letters and sounds really well, so I thought he was ready but I didn't know where to start. There's so many funny spellings and sounds in the English language. I wanted to do it right. This book has been awesome! It has promoted time for me and Levi to be together and a chance for me to praise him and help him learn! I love this book! Not only is he learning how to read, but at the end of each lesson you have them work on writing 2 letters. Levi has learned to have a much more steady hand and that's one of his favorite parts. There is rhyming and sounds and we are just starting reading comprehension so they actually start understanding what they are reading. Levi is only on lesson 14 and he is reading small words like "me, eat, read, seed, see, ram, am...etc.) It's awesome and totally worth the $16 dollars I spent. I'm sorry I can't say enough good about it. If you want to teach your child to read-- I recommend this book. And don't feel like you have to-- school's do a pretty good job too :-) I believe us Black girls all learned to read just fine that way! But if you are looking for something more and you feel like your child is ready-- get this book. Levi and I also do a reading chart and for every 30 lessons he earns something cool. We put a sticker down each day he passes off a lesson. His first reward is to go to the mall and put quarters in a ride. Yeah-- that's what he wanted (since I've never spent money on those things-- he usually always just plays on them). I think he wants to earn a slinky on the next 30 days we do. Okay, I think you've heard enough from me. Awesome book!
We the Black family strive to live for that one moment in time, that moment that surpasses all others. We desperately hope that we have not passed that moment. We have had great moments, but are hoping in lieu of depression, fear and anger that none of those moments have been "The One."
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Sorry it's not a recipe but a really awesome book!
Hey all you mother's with children that are old enough to learn to read-- this book is amazing!! I had a friend tell me about it and so I ordered it online a few days later.
I only spend 15 minutes a day with Levi on each lesson and so it takes no time at all-- plus it tells you exactly what to say which is my favorite part about it. Recently I've wanted to teach Levi to read because he seems old enough, he knows his letters and sounds really well, so I thought he was ready but I didn't know where to start. There's so many funny spellings and sounds in the English language. I wanted to do it right. This book has been awesome! It has promoted time for me and Levi to be together and a chance for me to praise him and help him learn! I love this book! Not only is he learning how to read, but at the end of each lesson you have them work on writing 2 letters. Levi has learned to have a much more steady hand and that's one of his favorite parts. There is rhyming and sounds and we are just starting reading comprehension so they actually start understanding what they are reading. Levi is only on lesson 14 and he is reading small words like "me, eat, read, seed, see, ram, am...etc.) It's awesome and totally worth the $16 dollars I spent. I'm sorry I can't say enough good about it. If you want to teach your child to read-- I recommend this book. And don't feel like you have to-- school's do a pretty good job too :-) I believe us Black girls all learned to read just fine that way! But if you are looking for something more and you feel like your child is ready-- get this book. Levi and I also do a reading chart and for every 30 lessons he earns something cool. We put a sticker down each day he passes off a lesson. His first reward is to go to the mall and put quarters in a ride. Yeah-- that's what he wanted (since I've never spent money on those things-- he usually always just plays on them). I think he wants to earn a slinky on the next 30 days we do. Okay, I think you've heard enough from me. Awesome book!
I only spend 15 minutes a day with Levi on each lesson and so it takes no time at all-- plus it tells you exactly what to say which is my favorite part about it. Recently I've wanted to teach Levi to read because he seems old enough, he knows his letters and sounds really well, so I thought he was ready but I didn't know where to start. There's so many funny spellings and sounds in the English language. I wanted to do it right. This book has been awesome! It has promoted time for me and Levi to be together and a chance for me to praise him and help him learn! I love this book! Not only is he learning how to read, but at the end of each lesson you have them work on writing 2 letters. Levi has learned to have a much more steady hand and that's one of his favorite parts. There is rhyming and sounds and we are just starting reading comprehension so they actually start understanding what they are reading. Levi is only on lesson 14 and he is reading small words like "me, eat, read, seed, see, ram, am...etc.) It's awesome and totally worth the $16 dollars I spent. I'm sorry I can't say enough good about it. If you want to teach your child to read-- I recommend this book. And don't feel like you have to-- school's do a pretty good job too :-) I believe us Black girls all learned to read just fine that way! But if you are looking for something more and you feel like your child is ready-- get this book. Levi and I also do a reading chart and for every 30 lessons he earns something cool. We put a sticker down each day he passes off a lesson. His first reward is to go to the mall and put quarters in a ride. Yeah-- that's what he wanted (since I've never spent money on those things-- he usually always just plays on them). I think he wants to earn a slinky on the next 30 days we do. Okay, I think you've heard enough from me. Awesome book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh that's sound really awesome! I am going to look into that for Lilly through the summer since she will be learning that in kindergarten, I can help give her a better jump start! Thank you for the info.
I think using the blog for great mommy moments would be awesome! Instead of just recipes, we can share ideas that have helped our kids or made us a better mommy!
I hope to order this book this week!
Post a Comment