Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

Ok So I finally made it to the Blog and boy oh boy do I have some yummy recipes for you guys. This recipe is a huge hit in our home. My family loves pancakes and so I found an awesome recipe for pancakes made from scratch. A great tip to add to these pancakes is fresh blueberries when they are in season. If a little unsure on when to add the blueberries, make sure to add them after you have poured your batter onto the griddle and then plop as many blueberries as you would like onto the wet mix. When you flip the pancake, the bluberries cook right in and it is heavenly.

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted ( use butter and not margarine)

1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

2 comments:

jbeus said...

Okay-- I'm going to make these for breakfast next time we want pancakes! Excited to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

I honestly don't think I've ever made pancakes from scratch. Sad I know. I'm going to make these on Sunday for breakfast. I'm excited to try them!