I know its getting out of soup season for us, but for some of you-- warm soup on a cold night still sounds good. This recipe is so good-- the flavor is amazing! We were recently invited to a "soup party" and everyone brought soup. After the party my friend commented out of the 5 soups that were brought she and her husband thought this one was the best. I hope that you get a chance to enjoy it before it gets too hot! Also-- eating the soup with chips is better than rolls-- since it has a more Mexican flavor.
White Chili
2-3 Chicken breasts
1 tbsp. Olive oil
1 to 1-1/2 onion chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 4oz cans of mild green chilies diced
2 tsp ground cumin
1-1/2 tsp oregano
dash of cayenne pepper (more if you really want a spicy kick-- but I did not)
3 16 oz cans white beans undrained (great northern beans are good-- I believe pinto would work too)
5 c. chicken broth
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (I don't believe I did this much--)
salt and pepper to taste (I wouldn't add anything until you've tasted it-- mine didn't need any extra seasoning.)
Sour Cream on the side
Boil and shred chicken. In large skillet heat oil over med/high and saute onions until translucent (8-10 min). Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Saute all together for 2 minutes. Prepare chicken broth. Add skillet mixture and beans to broth (undrained beans). Bring to boil. Reduce heat, add chicken and cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
1 comment:
This is one of my favorite recipes! I don't remember if it is the EXACT same, but I always use the one from Our Best Bites (I know 2 of you also have that book). I like to make the tortilla strips with this soup. Cut up corn tortilla's into strips, fry in olive oil or vegetable oil. Put on top.
Post a Comment