I got this recipe from Rachael. It's probably Todd's favorite. He always requests this, however, I don't make it much because with little children around, it seems like a lot of work. I just made it last week though and did all the prep I could in the morning which made it a lot easier. Worth trying at least once. We love it!
Sauce-Definitely double this sauce
1/4 C honey
1/4 C soy sauce
1/3 C chicken broth
1-2 Tbsp sesame oil (to personal taste)
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 Tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 dash red chili pepper flakes
2 tsp cornstarch (or more if you want a thicker sauce)
Chicken Marinade
4 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (I used 3 and it was plenty)
1/4 C soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp sherry wine
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder (optional)
2 drops sesame oil
cornstarch, to coat
veg. oil for frying
sesame seeds to garnish
sliced green onions
prepared rice
Combine chicken ingredients except corn starch and let marinade for at least 30 min. in the fridge (I let mine sit all day).
Remove chicken from marinade and toss in cornstarch then cook chicken in hot oil on the stove top until cooked through.
Remove from pan and keep warm in oven while making sauce.
Combine all sauce ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over med. heat.
Mix cornstarch with a little water (about 1/4 C) in a cup until dissolved then slowly add to the sauce mixture on the stove and heat until thickened to your liking.
Add chicken to sauce on the stove until heated through.
Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Serve hot over rice and enjoy!
3 comments:
I forgot to say that when you're frying the chicken, make sure it's enough veg. oil to cover it. Don't just fry it in a little oil on the bottom. Rachael said the breading didn't stay on very well that way. Oh yes folks, this is clearly not healthy!...but good
So excited to try this one soon! Sounds delicious!
Post a Comment