Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rubin Sandwiches

A tradition in our home is to have corned beef and cabbage every year on St. Patricks Day and a great recipe to use that left over corned beef is to make the ultimate delicious Rubin sandwich.

Warm up the corned beef in a skillet and set aside.
Use any kind of Rye Bread that you prefer. A true rubin uses the rye bread that has the marble look to it. We tried it on Jewish rye and it was still really good.
Take the bread and smother it on one side with butter. Not margarine.
Place the bread, butter side down until it turns nice and golden on both slices.
Add swiss cheese and let it melt then add your meat back onto the sandwich and let it cook together for a couple of minutes. I know the true rubin has a sause that I am going to search out and try and as soon as I do, I will put it on the blog but for now, without the sause, it still tastes great. Probably less fatty without the sause. I promise, these are so good if you are a corned beef fan.

1 comment:

Jessica Ryan said...

Man that sounds sooo good!!