Monday, March 5, 2012

Lettuce Wraps

I love this recipe because it's so easy and yummy.  Some friends made it for us when we went to their house one time.  I know Brittany already has this recipe but I'd thought I'd post it if others want to try.

1 lb ground turkey
Green onions
White or brown rice, cooked
Soy sauce
Water chestnuts, chopped (optional)
6 Tbsp Bangkok peanut sauce
2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Iceberg lettuce
Carrots, shredded (optional)
Cilantro (optional)
Tomatoes, chopped (optional)
Fresh lime juice (optional)

Directions:

Filling--Brown the ground turkey with green onions and water chestnuts.  Stir in cooked rice and add soy sauce to taste.

Sauce--Mix the peanut sauce, 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce and lemon juice in a bowl.

Toppings--Shred carrots and cut up cilantro, green onions and tomatoes.  A fresh squeeze of lime juice is also good.

Place some filling, sauce and toppings of choice in a piece of lettuce.  Wrap up and enjoy!

2 comments:

jbeus said...

You will not be sorry that you made it! This is delicious! We've made it twice already and once to share with others. Good and easy recipe!

Jessica Ryan said...

I have also made this, they are really good!