This one has been on my list to post for quite some time. Every year when fresh peaches come in season, I try to go to the farmers market to get the sweetest peaches and make this pie. I love it so much. I don't think I was really a peach pie person until I made this pie with fresh peaches. I love it and so does Jer. It makes me so happy to think about it. You be the judge.
PEACH Pie
7-10 fresh peaches, pitted, sliced and skin removed (there is a special technique we found to remove the skin easily-- so call me if you don't want to try and do it with a knife or a peeler.)
1/3 c flour
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter softened
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
Pie Crust (use your favorite pie crust recipe)
Side Note: We try to do a lattice design on top weaving long pieces of crust on top.
1. Mix Flour, sugar, butter, cornstarch and cinnamon into crumbly stage.
2. Mix prepared peaches in mixture and pour on top of crust in pie pan.
3. Top with lattice strips of pie crust.
4. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until crust is golden and peach mixture is bubbly hot.
5. We usually give it 45 minutes to an hour to sit so it can set up nicely and won't be too runny. Eat with a homemade vanilla ice cream and enjoy the heck out of it.
Thanks Rach for posting some new recipes! Excited to try them when I get in my new home!
No comments:
Post a Comment