Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sugar Cookies


It's been quite a while since anyone last posted on here.  In case some of you are making Valentine cookies and would like to try a new recipe, I have one for you.  My friend gave me this recipe and I used it to make my Christmas sugar cookies.  I really liked it because the dough was perfect to work with and the cookies were just right and soft.  The only thing is is it does make a lot.  Oh well.  Give some to the neighbors.

1/2 C butter
1/2 C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/4 C flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp soda

Cream butter, shortening and sugar together.  Mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and soda.  Add slowly to other mixture.  Chill dough.  Roll and cut out.  Bake at 375 for 8 min.  Frost and enjoy!

Hopefully they turn out as well for you as they did for me.

No comments: