I just made this the other night and it was tasty. Very hearty soup. Try it out. Easy peasy too. Love those.
Hamburger-Vegetable Soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 whole potato peeled and diced
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped green pepper
4 cups beef broth (can use 4 c. water + 4 beef bouillon cubes)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tsp. dried basil
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp Salt (and more to taste if you would like)
In a large saucepan or pot cook ground beef, onion, and green pepper till meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boiling, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or till vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Makes about 8 cups (6 main-dish servings).
The changes I would make next time is using a little less hamburger. I thought it was too much hamburger. So I would recommend 1/2 lb or even 3/4 lb.
Very good soup and super easy. Also lots of veggies. I hope you try it!
1 comment:
We liked this! I used less hamburger like you suggested, but also more of all the vegetables and more beef broth. Had some cornbread on the side and it was a nice healthy soup for a beautiful fall night :-)
Post a Comment